Friday, July 15, 2016

Please

Please stop, please let these waves of violence die down.

Please, let it get better.

My heart breaks hearing about each attack, death, police misconduct, sexual assault and act that brings pain to us. To every one of us.

I'm tired of this.

For we are all connected and the pain of one, is the pain of us all.

And I know that deep in my heart, these acts are a call for help, are products of pain, injustice, systematic inequity and prejudice. But, it is a lot to absorb.

I know this is calling us to come together, to share our pain, our stories, our truth and to heal. To do the deeper work needed in times like this.

The protests are great, but beyond public anger and grief of what we don't want, there is a place for what we can do to pave a way so our children and our children's children don't have to experience this.

 Marianne Williamson tells a story:
They might come home and say, "Grandpa (or Mom), My friend today told me there used to be this thing called terrorism, and violence that we used to solve problems. I thought she was crazy. Is that true?"

And then we will smile and say, "Yeah, that used to be the case."

And we may not be physically here or in the room when this happens, but when it does, our souls will smile. 

We can be places for reconciliation, healing and love. We can do that with our families, our friends. I feel like I've reinvented my relationships so many times as I grow in awareness and move with what's true in me.

Let us call forth a greater possibility and let us be that now. We don't need to wait for anyone else to live a life based in love and truth and invite others to that. We get to do that....we are that invitation.

I will not look away from the pain in this world, I will feel the emotions that unite me to everything on this planet. Let this be for joy and healing.

Here is a Hebrew blessing I love:

Nation shall not lift up sword against nation.
They shall study war no more.

Transliteration: 
Lo yi-sa goi_ el goi che-rev
Lo yil-m'-du_ od mil_-cha-ma
Lo yil-m'-du_ od mil_cha-ma
Lo yi-sa goi che-rev. 







No comments:

Post a Comment